Latest News
Sudan Army Claims Full Control of Khartoum, RSF Denies Setback
Thursday, 22 May 2025 - 11:50 | Views - 399

The Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) declared on Tuesday that Khartoum is “completely liberated” from the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF), following the capture of El Salha in Omdurman—site of the RSF’s former headquarters.

SAF spokesperson Brig. Gen. Nabil Abdallah said RSF fighters had been "cleansed" from the area. Videos shared online by SAF-affiliated accounts show troops in control of key sites and captured equipment.

Local resistance committees confirmed SAF advances and urged residents to remain indoors. In April, El Salha was the scene of an alleged RSF massacre of 31 civilians, drawing international condemnation.

Responding to the army’s announcement, RSF advisor El Basha Tebeig said the group’s “movement for radical change” continues despite recent losses. RSF commander Ibrahim Siraj claimed he fled El Salha under siege, leaving behind documents and funds.

The battle for Khartoum unfolds amid a devastating civil war nearing its third year. With over 8 million displaced and widespread hunger, the UN is preparing a record $4.2 billion appeal for aid, calling it the world’s worst humanitarian crisis.

Share This Article
After years dominated by hyper-saturated trend cycles and sleek, ultra-smooth minimalism, fashion has...
The era of hyper-rigid seasonal dress codes has quietly dissolved. Where personal style once demanded...
There was a time when sleek, unadorned surfaces and flat printed graphics defined what it meant to be...
Thursday, 13 August 2026
Thursday, 30 July 2026
Top