Coconut and ricotta pancakes
Wednesday, 15 June 2022 - 23:32 | Views - 48
- Mix the ricotta, egg yolks, coconut milk, flour, polenta and baking powder together in a bowl to make a smooth pancake batter.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form when the whisk is removed from the bowl. Fold the egg whites gently through the ricotta mixture.
- Heat the oil and butter in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add heaped tablespoons of the mixture allowing room for spread. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until nicely coloured and cooked through. Keep the cooked pancakes warm while you use up the remaining mixture.
- Cook the blueberries with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup in the frying pan over a low heat for 4-5 minutes, until the blueberries have softened and glazed in the maple syrup.
- Serve the pancakes with the softened blueberries, toasted coconut flakes and the remaining maple syrup.