Crispy cod wraps with salsa and harissa lime mayo
Tuesday, 08 June 2021 - 16:36 | Views - 17
For the salsa
For the baked sweet potato, za’atar and garlic chips
For the harissa lime mayo
For the crispy cod wraps
- To make the salsa, combine the tomatoes, onion, and dill in a bowl. Add the olive oil and sugar and season well with salt and pepper. Mix together and set aside.
- To make the baked sweet potato, za’atar and garlic chips, preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
- Line your largest baking tray with baking paper. Mix the polenta, za’atar, garlic granules and a generous amount of salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Place the sweet potato chips on the prepared baking tray, drizzle over the olive oil and use your hands to mix until the chips are well coated in the oil. Sprinkle with the polenta mixture and toss to coat the chips evenly. Bake the sweet potato chips for 30 minutes or so, until the chips are soft in the middle and browning around the edges.
- To make the harissa lime mayo, mix the mayonnaise ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- To make the crispy cod wraps, mix the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix the flour, garlic granules, mustard powder and spices into a separate small shallow bowl, and season very generously with salt and pepper.
- Pour enough vegetable oil into a deep-frying pan to fill a depth of 2cm/¾in. Heat the oil over a medium-high heat and bring to frying temperature. (CAUTION: hot oil can be dangerous. Do not leave unattended.) Line a plate with kitchen paper.
- Coat each piece of fish evenly in the flour mixture, then dip into the beaten egg to coat, and finely dip once more in the flour mixture, ensuring each piece is well coated. When the oil is ready, fry the fish in batches for about 2–3 minutes, or until the batter is crispy and deep golden-brown. Transfer to the paper-lined plate to drain. Serve in tortilla wraps with the mayo and top with a little of the salsa. Serve the sweet potato chips on the side.