Monday, 07 January 2019 - 16:45 | Views - 99
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked white rice
- 9 ounces peeled and deveined tiger prawns
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 whole cardamom seeds
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- Place rice with enough water to cover in a small bowl. Soak rice for 2 hours; drain.
- Stir together the prawns, ginger garlic paste, garam masala, black pepper, cloves, cardamom seeds, cinnamon sticks, salt, yogurt, and oil in a microwave safe bowl until well mixed. Cook in microwave on High until the shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 10 minutes. Remove the prawns from the curry and set aside.
- Stir the rice, water, and chicken bouillon into the curry and mix well. Cook in the microwave on High until rice is tender, about 10 minutes. Mix in the prawns; return to the microwave and cook on high until heated through, about 5 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick, cloves, and cardamom seeds before serving.