1. Pile on the Pillows:Pile on the pillows, and don’t shy away from mixing patterns. Combine large prints with small ones, floral with geometrics.
2. DIY Artwork:Hanging a graphic quilt is an easy solution to the “big blank wall” issue. Complementary bed linens pull the decor together.
3. Put Pattern to Work:A printed bedspread, like this distinctive botanical design, does a lot of the heavy lifting when it comes to décor.
4. Mount a Light Source:A wall lamp eliminates any need to juggle items on the nightstand. Equip it with a multi-watt bulb to fine-tune the light for reading or relaxing.
5. Work the Walls:Nightstands and adjustable lamps affixed to walls smartly save space in a small room.
6. Reveal a Personal Side:Your bedroom should express your personality (not just design principles), so feel free to go a little off-center, as with the art here.
7. Reveal a Personal Side:Your bedroom should express your personality (not just design principles), so feel free to go a little off-center, as with the art here.
8. Decorate with Consistency:Note that the color and fanciful curves of the headboard are echoed by the wall decoration.
9. Make Your Bedroom Comfy:Top your bed with covers made for snuggling, like a down comforter. For total indulgence, choose ultra-soft eiderdown.
10. Choose a Focal Point: A beautiful piece of furniture becomes the focal point when angled into the room. This approach may be more efficient in your space, too.